Bought AIMSAMP REIT

Just entered into AIMSAMP REIT. It is a REIT that nearly went bankrupt during the financial crisis. After asking for some advice on whether to buy a 2nd property or just invest in REITs, I think I pretty much know the answer.

I don't earn enough and have enough savings to buy a 2nd property just yet. Thus, the only option is for me to invest through a real estate investment trust (REIT). The benefit of investing in REITs instead of a direct property investment is that I do not need to invest a large sum of money and I also do not need to take on additional debt which banks will not lend to me (since I earn too little).


2 comments:

  1. Hi FF,

    AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT is my second largest investment. I believe it is a stable passive income generator. The distribution yield is a very attractive 10% at 20c/unit. Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi a k71,

    That is good to know. Now I have a little more confidence

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Unlock Exclusive Deals and Savings: Join Amazon Prime Today!

Amazon is celebrating Prime members with a multitude of deals during Prime Day. The event will offer more deals than ever before, with new d...